WORKING WITH SCREENTALENT:
Before booking an interview please read the following information first:
We have recently decided not to accept people just wanting to be represented for extras roles. Our focus has shifted more towards skilled actors, models, featured extras and talent. And while our books remain open at present, our preference is for people who have acting, modelling or talent skills rather than just as extras.
Screentalent operates as a Talent Agency. This means if we accept you into the agency you agree to have us operate as your agent for work in film and television production.
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:
• Film and television productions usually appoint a Casting Director to find talent for a particular production.
• The Casting Directors then give us details of the type of people they are looking for and we submit suggestions to them of the people we represent that may be suitable.
• With Extras roles the requirements are usually just visual, such as what people look like.
• For Featured Extras work or Featured Roles people may need to have certain skills such as acting experience or real life skills. For example, if shooting a coffee shop scene it might be useful to have someone who has worked as a Barista etc.
• If the role is a speaking part it will usually only be offered to someone with acting training or acting experience.
• Featured Extras roles are usually visually based, and other than being part of a large group, but not as a specific performer.
If any of our people are suitable they will either give us a list to book in as extras. Or, if the role is featured in any way, including Featured Extras, there will usually be a casting.
If you are required for work or a casting, one of our bookers will either text or call to check your availability and give details.
We have tuition, if required, for people who don't have acting experience wanting to be put forward for acting and featured roles.
We submit talent for work by sending casting headshots and details of our talent for each role to the production.
If you are accepted into the agency there is a requirement to have casting photos done. We have photographers who can do this to our specifications and at a reduced cost.
For experienced actors or models moving agencies, and who work regularly, we may be able to take the cost of photos out of one of your jobs instead of paying when the photos are done.
Photos are essential as used to submit talent for work to productions. Photos are not taken when you attend the initial interview, if accepted into the agency we arrange for these to be done a few days later.
Due to our requirement of uniformity and consistency of photos, as well as copyright issues we will only accept photos from our appointed photographers.
To register with the agency you must book and attend an interview at our Fox Studios office. Interviews are by appointment only. We will usually contact you the following day to advise if accepted.
To book an interview please call or text 0429 028 555
Interviews are held at our offices at:
Fox Studios, Moore Park NSW 2021
We are just past Gloria Jeans Coffee and before you get to Australian Film Television and Radio School. If driving, its best to park in the multi-level carpark on Errol Flynn Bvd.
© 2001-2018 All rights reserved Screentalent